Click here to visit RCCIIT Students' Linux Users' Group. Click here to visit my home page at Fedora.

Search

Too early for tomorrow... our pet project

Monday, November 23, 2009

My Koala and me

Hey, I am writing this from inside my Ubuntu 9.10 Karmik Koala live CD.

As usual, Ubuntu's out of the box features and sleek looks steal the show. The network was up even before it had booted completely.

There are some new entires that I came across. There was a One Ubuntu under the Internet menu. It directed me to http://one.ubuntu.com. This appeared to be some online portal for storing and sharing documents/ files/ contects/ etc. Do correct me if I am wrong.

The feature that I liked the best is the Ubuntu Software Centre under the Applications menu. It listed a hoard of free software that may be installed in the system. And these would install with just a few clicks, without any hassles (I did not try it though!)

[The setback was that it did not shoot from inside my VBox in Fedora 10. But that is because of my low memory, most probably.]

No comments:

Post a Comment